© Elisabeth Rull
Wellgreen sports grounds and facilities highlights products and services developed for public authorities, managers of sports grounds, stadiums and golf courses.
Do not miss the program of the Wellgreen day of December 5 neither a dedicated program on the show with:
- technical visits,
- visit circuits
And do not forget to go through the booth 4H18 to meet our partners.
Wellgreen Day: December 5th, 2019
VISIT TO THE MATMUT STADIUM IN GERLAND – LYON
For scores of years this was the home ground of the Olympique Lyonnais football club. It is now used by the LOU Rugby Club (Top 14) and hosts Top 14 matches.
After a century of existence, Gerland stadium is getting a facelift and a re-work of its infrastructures. The stadium development project is the brainchild of the GL events group whose know-how in engineering, heritage and infrastructure management has been put to good use.
Photo credit: Matmut Stadium Lyon Gerland
Designed in 1919 by architect Tony Garnier, the stadium is a listed historic building. To respect the schedule imposed by the sporting season, the works were both technically and logistically challenging.
Building work was carried out by Eiffage Construction Confluences, led by architect Albert Constantin and assisted by Claire Bertrand and Pierre-Benoît Thévenon (AIA Architectes and Ingénierie).
Chief Historic Buildings Architect at the RL&A agency, Didier Repellin was responsible for ensuring the conformity of the works with the Listed Historic Monuments commission charter.
The main concept behind the works concerns the comfort of the public through the restoration of the West and East stands plus reception rooms and boxes.
The idea is to restore the splendor of the stadium inspired of the ancient architecture of Olympia. From the restoration of the frontages and stands, to the enhancement of the stadium by landscaping, lighting and quality signposting, Matmut Stadium is being transformed for the greater pleasure of visitors and locals.
WELLGREEN DAY PROGRAMME – DECEMBER 5TH, 2019
09:30: Meet up the in Matmut Stadium for a coffee
10:00-11:00: Guided tour of the stadium
- Presentation of operational organisation: Adrien DESFONDS, Stadium Manager
- Visit: Yoann THEVENON and Lionel GUIRAND
11:15-12:00: Conference and discussions with the team's professionals:
- Presentation of the project by the architectural agency: Benoit Thévenon
- Presentation of the playing field: Robert VACHON, Parks and sports
12:15: Return to EUREXPO by coach (registration needed)
14:00-14:45: Conference by Plante & Cité in the Paysalia Forum (Hall 5)
15:00-18:00: Unaccompanied visit of the Show
REGISTER HERE FOR THE WELLGREEN DAY:
- Free registration by return of form
- Limited number of participants
- Contact : email@example.com / + 33 (0)4 78 176 324
- Registration form available here
In 2017, the Wellgreen Day will go through the Groupama Stadium !
Photo credit: Stéphane Guiochon
On December, 7th 2017, a full day schedule will be devoted to Wellgreen. Registered visitors will be able to take part in a visit to the Groupama Stadium and attend conferences on the key themes of the sector, within the stadium itself. This day is only available for french speakers.
Matmut Stadium visit
Visit of Matmut Stadium
- 09:00 - 12:00: Welcome coffee at Matmut Stadium. Tour of the stadium with Adrien Desfonds, Stadium Manager. Presentation centered on the design of the main course at the stadium hosted by Robert Vachon, responsible for soil at Parks and Sports. Intervention of Guillaume Massard, head of development structures and grandstands at Hall Expo, and of the French Rugby Federation (FFR)
Cocktail on the living room
- 12:30 - 13:30: Luncheon cocktail for attendees of the Wellgreen Day.
- 13:45 - 14:45: Presentation of the new professional rule "Maintenance work of sport grounds (SE1-R0)" then testimonials of users (sports federations) on the differences natural turf / synthetic turf on several aspects (capacity of use , maintenance cost, etc.)
Visit the Paysalia lounge
- 14:45- 18:00: Free visit of the Wellgreen course in the aisles of the show.
Schedule of Wellgreen workshops
WARNING : programs are subject to change by organizors.
Wellgreen workshops will be held in French only.
Tuesday, 3 December 2019
- 2.00-2.45pm: Using natural mechanisms (Biocontrol) on Grass, by Nicolas Marquet and Stéphane Grolleau, the Société Française des Gazons - French Association of Grass Professionals
- 3.00-3.45pm: Genetics serving sportive soils
by Stéphane Charrier, BARENBRUG
- 4.00-4.45pm: Optimize your conversations with the Automower® robotic lawnmower and a connected fleet management system
by Husqvarna France and Xavier Laude, Automower France Key Account Manager
Wednesday, 4 December 2019
- 11.00-11.45am: Training through Apprenticeships
by Anne Bouvet and Laurent Batreau EA Tecomah
- 2.00-2.45pm: How to maintain sports grounds without chemicals
by GNIS, the seeds and plants inter-professional association
- 3.00-3.45pm: Grass: the other world champion. Varieties worthy of international sports events.
by Paul de Charnacé, Director of DLF France
- 4.00-4.45: How to increase the quality and use of your grass lawns, by François Le Roux, Director of Sport International
Thursday, 5 December 2019
- 10.00-10.45am: Less water, more roots: connected sensors and agronomic watering for playing fields
by Dr. Thomas Bur - Cofounder of Urbasense
- 11.00-11.45am: The use of cynodon in stadiums
by Stephen Alderton, Maketing and export director, DLF France
- 2.00-2.45pm: Apprenticeship training
by Anne Bouvet and Laurent Batreau from L'EA Tecomah
The WELLGREEN visit circuit – an easy way to find dedicated solutions and services provided by Paysalia exhibitors.
The WELLGREEN Theme Day on Thursday, December 5th. The programme includes: a visit to the Matmut Stadium in Lyon (Gerland), conferences, and discussions.
The WELLGREEN Village (stand 4H18) where you can meet the partners of WELLGREEN, sports grounds and equipment: Unep, EA Tecomah, SFG, SYNAA, Terrains de Sport Magazine.
You can attend sports grounds and equipment workshops.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)4 78 176 324
Vegetalisation and equipment partner